ftps server (ftp with SSL, not sftp)

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Thu Feb 26 14:30:49 PST 2004

On Feb 26, 2004, at 13:46, Dan Rue wrote:

> Hey Gang,
> I need to find a good drop in ftpd-ssl server.  Please don't tell me to
> use sftp - I would love to but sometimes I don't get my druthers.  I
> see
> there's a BSDftpd-ssl, and there's a couple others in ports - are any
> of
> them widely used?  This is on a high traffic production server, so I
> can't drop in some beta software and cross my fingers.

I am using BSDftpd-ssl on a production machine to provide restricted
access to users' web pages.  It seems to work fine.  I have never
encountered any problems with it.  However, I don't have many users
with web pages so I wouldn't call this a high traffic feature.   I
probably don't get more than a hand full of connections daily.