KDE startup slowly on "initializing system service"

Stephen Liu satimis at icare.com.hk
Tue Feb 24 08:23:19 PST 2004

Hi Andrew,

5.2
==

>The network changes might not releated to the issues w/ KDE.  I would
>first verify that no other program is trashing your resources.

I suspect whether 'vi editor' having problem because each time when I
boot the PC, the screen pauses on;-
Recovering vi editor sessions:

another is;-
Starting sshd:

taking prolonged time before continue to run.  What is the esay/quick
way to remove 'vi' from FreeBSD.  I don't need it.  I use 'ee'

>  Then
>check to make sure you have a newer version of KDE.  Did you look at the
>KDE site for known bugs, maybe?

KDE 3.1 is quite new and stable.  I have it running on Gentoo, Debian
and RH PCs respectively without problem but I will check KDE site later.

What I am worrying is OpenOffice 1.1.  Of the 3 OSs, Gentoo 1.4, Debian
3.0 and RH9 which I am running, OOo1.1 only works fine on Debian 3.0.
OOo1.1 and RH9 are poor combination.  It takes long time to start.  You
will find lot of complaints on its mailing list.  I am looking forward
to see how it will work on FreeBSD 5.2

B.R.
Stephen