Preferred MTA and mail configuration

Goodleaf, John M jgoodlea at fhcrc.org
Mon Feb 23 12:08:47 PST 2004

I don't know if others have already chimed in, but I recommend Postfix. I
actually use a combination of Postfix + Courier to handle my mailing needs.
Postfix is by all accounts secure, and is much, much easier to configure
than Sendmail (I'm told by people who pretend to understand Sendmail that
it's much more powerful, but I haven't had any problems with Postfix's
capabilities). Postfix comfortably handles Maildir-style delivery, so it
works fine with Courier-IMAP.

-J

Message: 3