gnome2 install failed

Noah admin2 at enabled.com
Sun Feb 22 09:23:14 PST 2004

Hi,

I am attempting to install gnome2

any clues what I am missing here.  why is pkg-config so old? how do I update it?

checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
configure: error: *** pkg-config too old; version 0.14 or better required.
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to gnome at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/devel/glib20/work/glib-2.2.3/config.log" including the output of
the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to provide
an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls
/var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/glib20.
*** Error code 1