errors with FAM and KDE

Antoine Jacoutot ajacoutot at lphp.org
Sat Feb 21 03:54:15 PST 2004

Hi :)

I'm having a problem with FAM under KDE (3.2).
My homedirs are mounted using NFS and regularly, I get the following errors in
my logs:

kernel: pid 609 (fam), uid 10000: exited on signal 6

Everything seems to work fine though, but I'm always concern about errors I
don't understand.

The homedirs are exported like this:
/home -alldirs -maproot=nobody:nobody -network 192.168.0.0 -mask 255.255.255.0

My users are authenticated using LDAP.

Obviously, there must be a permission problem somewhere (note that local root
on workstations cannot access users homedirs since it is map to user nobody).

Do you know where this error could come from ?
I'm running 5.2.1-RC2.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Antoine