Boot loop in FreeBSD 5.2-RELEASE after install - FIXED!

Mike Newell MNewell at HQ.NASA.GOV
Fri Feb 20 13:49:18 PST 2004

Well THAT'S weird...

I wondered if there might be some strange data left on the drive (I had a
4.7-RELEASE install on it prior to this), so I stopped the system in POST
and entered the Adaptec system utilities.  I then did a low-level format of
the drive.  Reinstalled and Hey Presto - booted up fine!  I wonder if the
/boot/loader program found some bad data left over from a prior install that
it didn't validate and that corrupted the boot process?

Dunno, but it's up now.  THANKS!!

Mike