quick mozilla question

Chris Meyers chris at hddesign.com
Fri Feb 20 08:44:16 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 10:29, jr315 wrote:
> running freeBSD 5.2 release.
> installed mozilla from packages. When I try to run I
> get the following message:
>
> sh# mozilla
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libintl.so.5" not
> found
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libintl.so.5" not
> found
>
> any ideas????

Someone here had the exact same error the other day. The problem was
gettext had been updated, but the ports/packages that depended on it
(pretty much everything) hadn't. So gettext updated libintl.so.5 to
libintl.so.6 so mozilla and gvim and evolution and almost everything
complained with the same error you are seeing.

I'm not sure if this is your problem. Since you installed mozilla from
packages rather than ports it may be. The package may have been built
with the older version of gettext. A portupgrade mozilla may solve the
problem.

Chris