problem starting X with normal user

John clrsky00 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 18:51:57 PST 2004

hi

thank you very much..

yes warpper-1.0.3 is installed...

i don't know what else could be wrong...

as for the siliconmotion issue,

i found this :
-bash-2.05b$ tail -f /var/log/XFree86.0.log
(II) Silicon Motion     SMI_GEReset called from
smi_accel.c line 263
(II) Silicon Motion     SMI_GEReset called from
smi_accel.c line 263
(II) Silicon Motion     SMI_GEReset called from
smi_accel.c line 263

A search on google lead me to

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-bugs/2003/03/28/0004.html

the guy provides a "fix", but i don't know how to
apply it

--- Lowell Gilbert