spam removal

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Mon Feb 16 20:37:42 PST 2004

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 01:09:11PM +0200, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:

> Give a try to ports/mail/dspam; it uses a combined bayesian algorithm.
> If you have problems just email me privately and I'll be glad to help.
> but it's extremely easy to setup. User must just fw the spams to an
> alias you set up for them.
>
> Here are some statistics:
>
> NGStats for Jan 28, 2004:
> 43 Systems Participating
> 639,217 Spams Caught
> 1,008,491 Innocent Msgs Scanned
> 758 False Positives
> 0.07% False Positive Ratio
>
> After the training period (some of this systems are very recently
> installed), the results are better, about 99.75 - 99.9% with 0.01-0.10%
> FP rate.
>
> >From which uses something called Bayesian Dobly to filter Bayesian Noise
> the results seems to be 99.953% ratio and no false positives.

	Hi,

	I'd be grateful for some tips on how to get dspam up.   I
	installed it after reading your mail; then I waded into the
	long README and felt nearly overwhelmed.  I've used mysql
	to set up several message boards,, but that's about the
	extent of my knowledge.

	I've been using /etc/mail/access that catches tons of
	spam.  It would be great if dspam could do the rest!

	tia,

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix