Linux patch for reading ufs2

Vladimir Kushnir vkushnir at Alfacom.net
Sun Feb 15 15:00:28 PST 2004

Hi

On Friday 13 February 2004 06:42, Niraj Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to create some Linux patches to be able to read ufs2.
> Interested (those who are having both Linux and FreeBSD on same box) may
> try them .
>
> The work-in-progress patches are available from
>
> http://ufs-linux.sourceforge.net/ufs2/p1.txt
> http://ufs-linux.sourceforge.net/ufs2/p2.txt
>
> Currently , these provides the bare minimum  ufs2
> support and that also for Read-Only .
>
> It would be good if somebody tests them  and see the problems.
>
> Niraj

First off - thanks a bunch, now I don't need to reboot every time I forgot to
copy some files to Linux.
Tested and works here: ad0: 57241MB <WDC WD600JB-00CRA1>;
ad0s2 - current -CURRENT (everything in UFS2);
ad0s5 - Mandrake 9.2 + kernel 2.6.2 + p{1,2}.txt

There is a file though (emovix distro in ports/distfiles) which Linux gives an
input/output error on. More precisely, it gives me
"attempt to access beyond end of device
Buffer I/O error on device hde10, logical block ..." (several blocks).
Under FreeBSD - no errors on this file so it doesn't seem like HD problem.