No More Daily Run Output

Ryan Merrick sandshrimp at comcast.net
Sat Feb 14 02:23:23 PST 2004

craig at 2400baud.com wrote:
> All,
>
> We've got a FreeBSD 4.7 box that's been running great for the last year and a
> half or so.  We host our customer's email on this box using postfix.  Before
> the FreeBSD box, we had two Linux boxes that hosted all of the email.  We've
> since migrated over the accounts just recently.  Approximately one week ago,
> the day after we moved over approximately 300 accounts, I no longer get
> a 'daily run output' email.  I do stil get the security run output and a
> pflogsumm report every morning.
>
> Ive tried running the 'periodic daily' manually, but I only get the security
> report.
>
> Any ideas on where to begin troubleshooting this?
>
> Thanks!

Hi,

Check your #/etc/periodic.conf the daily_output can go to a file or a user.
daily_output="root" 	# user or /file

While your there check the daily_status_security_output for who the mail is
sent to.
daily_status_security_output="root"                     # user or /file

All the Defaults are in #/etc/defaults/periodic.conf

A typical file is #/var/log/daily.log which is set in newsyslog to rotate.

Last thing to check is that your aliases for the user for the daily_output
has a valid email address.

--
-Ryan Merrick
sandshrimp at comcast.net