I'm really upset with my new computer

Loren M. Lang lorenl at alzatex.com
Mon Feb 9 11:52:45 PST 2004

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 02:09:15PM -0500, Craig Reyenga wrote:
> I've heard that Sony and Dell don't support UNIX permissions on their
> proprietary hard drives. Stick with WinXP for now until a patch is committed
> into the source tree.

I'm a little confused on how a hd from dell or sony could prevent unix
permissions from working as any hd with store whatever kind of data you
tell it, they no nothing about what that data means.  The UNIX
permissions are handled entirely in software.  I've never heard of any
kind of problem like this before, perhaps you could enlighten me?