Problem compiling a driver

Jonathan Heaney jonathan.heaney at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Feb 6 04:17:43 PST 2004

Have you got the FreeBSD driver from here

http://www.onthenet.com.au/~q/nvnet/

I take it the download you talk about is the Linux driver from
Nvidia.com.  The only native FreeBSD driver from them is the graphics
driver.

You need to unarchive the Linux nForce driver and the FreeBSD nvnet
driver into the same folder, go into the nvnet folder, make, make
install, and follow the instructions in the doc folder (I edited
/boot/loader.conf as advised, and altered /etc/rc.conf to use the
network device nv0)