gnupg and multiple keyrings

Tom Parquette tparquet at twcny.rr.com
Thu Feb 5 09:07:24 PST 2004

Hi.
I've been playing with gnupg trying to get comfortable with it.
I've looked at the man pages and I have also read the O'Reilly PGP book.
I searched the FreeBSD mailing lists and I didn't find anything.

I'm trying to create multiple public key rings because of statements in
the PGP book about performance problems with single, large, public key
rings.

To test, I created a normal public key ring then I tried to create a
FreeBSD public key ring using the --keyring FreeBSD option to GPG.

No matter what I do, everything seems to end up in the single public key
ring.

Can someone help me understand this behaviour?
TIA...