ftp/fetch/cvsup behind a firewall

Khairil Yusof kaeru at pd.jaring.my
Mon Feb 2 10:21:05 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 09:55 -0800, Anthony Discolo wrote:

> Mozilla can access the ftp site with the proxy server configured, but I
> haven't been able to get ftp to work with a proxy server.

For fetch via proxy see:
/usr/share/examples/etc/defaults/make.conf

Copy this file to /etc and edit the FETCH_ENV to point to your proxy

For cvsup, if you only have access via the proxy server, you can ftp the
entire cvs tree (not efficient). I would ask your admin to either setup
a local mirror , or add a dynamic rule for outgoing cvsup connections.

--
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it
means."

FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT i386
2:05am up 46 mins, 4 users, load averages: 1.53, 2.23, 2.15