Can FreeBSD be a PDC for microsoft machines?

Richard van Vliet rvv at inter-sprint.nl
Sun Feb 1 01:56:40 PST 2004

You can use samba for PDC (NT 4.0 domain structure) or Active Directory
Memberserver
Not yet as a Domain Controler.

> If you know how to do that, plaese let me know. Or tell me
> what to read about.

You have to use FreeBSd 5.X because (Pleasy people correct me if i'm wrong)
for domain control you need winbind witch in turn needs NSS and that is not
available in FreeBSD 4.x

The only problem 5.X is still technology relase so make your own dission
in using 5.X

You can read about it at www.samba.org
Read the release notes of the version you are using for its features

> Thank you!

No problem

Regards Ricard.