apache's mod_log_sql from ports

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Thu Dec 30 05:09:06 PST 2004

Micah Bushouse wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I'm trying to install mod_log_sql 1.18 so that Apache will log into
> MySQL instead of a flat file, and I thought I had lucked out when I
> saw /usr/ports/www/mod_log_sql!
>
> Unfortunately, it's giving some grief. As you can tell from below, I'm
> using the apache+mod_ssl and mysql41-server ports, whereas mod_log_sql
> seems to prefer plain Apache and MySQL 3.23.
>
> Is there a way to get mod_log_sql integrated with my current setup? Do I
> have to edit any of the information in the ports tree entry for
> mod_log_sql to reflect these newer versions Apache and MySQL? Finally,
> am I better off using the generic compile/install instructions on the
> mod_log_sql website?

The way this is supposed to work, you should be able to put:

     WITH_MYSQL_VER=	41
     APACHE_PORT=	www/apache13-modssl

into /etc/make.conf to make the ports do what you want.  Most ports
depending on Apache or MySQL will respect those.

Unfortunately the www/mod_log_sql port is not configured to play ball.
While it will obey the APACHE_PORT setting, unfortunately it is
hardwired to use mysql323-client -- which could well be because it
doesn't work with any other MySQL version.

Try www/mod_mylo instead.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                       8 Dane Court Manor
                                                       School Rd