bg flag for local file-systems

Andrew P. infofarmer at mail.ru
Sun Dec 26 18:23:20 PST 2004

Hello,

I'm sorry if this sounds dumb, but I'm looking for a kind of bg flag
(from mount_nfs) for my local file-systems. The problem is that I
frequently pull hard drives out of my headless file-server, but forget
to edit fstab _before_ it. So the system won't boot until I connect a
monitor, a keyboard and sort the mess out from the single-user mode.

I currently use noauto flag in fstab for the file-systems, but that
makes me mount them manually every time I reboot. Is there any magic I
can do with fstab to solve my problem, or will I have to write a script?

Best wishes,
Andrew P.