Netgear MA111 wifi card with Project Evil

Shahar Yuval ssy5 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 25 11:56:31 PST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to use my Netgear MA111 wireless USB card
in FreeBSD.  As I understand, FreeBSD's wi module does
not support it (OpenBSD's does).  Therefore, I decided
to check out NDISulator ("Project Evil").
I followed the instructions in the FreeBSD Handbook,
installed ndis, ndiscvt, copied my Windows drivers and
complied if_ndis.

However, when I tried to load if_ndis, I got the
following error message:

link_elf: symbol ndis_set_info undefined

and the module is not loaded.

Someone apparently already ran into this problem:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-June/028753.html

and received the following response:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-June/028783.html

I speculate that perhaps if_ndis expects inf and sys
files from a PCI/Cardbus card and not a USB one.

I'd appreciate your assistance in getting the card to
work.