buildworld via ssh

lists lists at haubworld.org
Thu Dec 23 09:24:40 PST 2004

I did a 'make -DNOCLEAN buildworld 2>&1 blah.txt &' and it didnt work as I
would have expected.
It spaced it out when I looked at the processes like this
make -DNOCLEAN buildworld 2 > & 1 blah.txt &
So, it tried to also tried to "make 2" and failed and wrote the output to a
file named "1"
A redirect like this works on BSDi, not sure why it didn't in this case on
FreeBSD5.2
Am I doing something wrong?

BTW i now have this
# ll /usr/obj/usr/src/usr.sbin/zzz
total 2
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  1076 Dec 23 07:34 zzz.8.gz

TIA
 -Chris