buildworld via ssh

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Wed Dec 22 16:56:25 PST 2004

On 2004-12-22 19:47, lists <lists at haubworld.org> wrote:
> I am doing a buildworld(Rel5.2) via ssh to a remote location. I detached the
> process from my session, but I failed to
> pipe the output to a logfile. Long story short, my session was terminated
> and I am not sure if the process completed
> correctly or not. Is there any way to find out if the build was sucessful?

If you don't mind wasting a few cycles, you can restart the build with
-DNOCLEAN and wait a bit.  If the build was interrupted because of the
detach, it will resume building everything and finish a lot faster than
a full buildworld.

Having said that, one of the last things that get built is
src/usr.sbin/zzz.  You can check if /usr/obj/usr/src/usr.sbin/zzz/zzz
exists.  If it does, you can probably assume the build finished
successfully.