My server gets kernel panic every 7th day

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sun Dec 19 14:44:23 PST 2004

If I may interject, why should he bother?

Seems to me his next step should be setting up a new server
with a fresh FreeBSD copy on it, duplicating the 3 jails, then
firing off the 4 periodics and seeing if that blows up.

If so that is enough info to file a bug report, and he can
then simply adjust his script so that the periodics aren't all
run at the same time.  If someone else wants to spend the time
researching this - like YOU for example - then great.

>From the Project's point of view, his problems aren't interesting
unless they can be reproduced - and from his point of view all he
wants to do is fix the problem - and he now knows how to do it.
(run the periodic weekly at different times)  Grubbing around in
a dump traceback does not prove that a problem is reproducible.

Ted Mittelstaedt
Author, The FreeBSD Corporate Networker's Guide.