Wheel Mouse in 5.3 STABLE

Ronnie Clark ronj_clark at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 16 08:07:28 PST 2004

All,

Thanks for the responses. I hope this will help:

Currently I have this in my xorg.conf.new file:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "auto"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

I start Xorg by using the "startx" method, and it
starts KDE just fine. When I try to start xorg by
typing "Xorg", KDE does not start.

Back to the conf file, I have tried to define
"Options"     "Buttons" "5"  (did not work)
"Options"     "ZAxisMapping" "Y" (from a previous
thread, also did not work)

So, does it matter where my xorg.conf.new file is at?
Mine is in the /root directory, which is where it was
originally configured. Is there another conf file I
need to edit? again, I'm stuck on this one.

If this is not enough about the problem, please feel
free to ask me questions, as I would love to solve
this today.

Thanks again,
Ron Clark