5.3: cant install openoffice 1.1 from ports

Jay Moore jaymo at cromagnon.cullmail.com
Sat Dec 11 17:19:41 PST 2004

On Monday 06 December 2004 04:23 pm, Simon Burke wrote:
> I've recently done a fresh install of 5.3, i updated ports using cvsup
> to install gnome2.8, which im using know, great.
>
> Problem is that it wont allow me to compile openoffice properly, i
> cant give an error message as  its about 7hrs in i  get the message
> and i've since made clean.
>
> Does anyone know if it is broken? or how i can get an openoffice
> release installed, as 1.0 is apparentlyu broken according to ports and
> 1.1 wont compile sucessfully.

I've tried to compile OO on a couple of FreeBSD boxes. It actually came to a
successful conclusion on one, but crapped itself after I used it a few times.
I really disliked being redirected to Sun's website to click through their
Java license agreements, too.

I finally solved the problem by installing Fedora Core 2 on an old laptop that
I use as a "desktop" Windoze replacement - OO was part of the standard setup,
and it works quite well so far.

Jay