5.3: cant install openoffice 1.1 from ports

CHris Rich freebsdnews at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 05:51:16 PST 2004

On 07 Dec 2004 14:25:54 +0000, Peter N. M. Hansteen <peter at bgnett.no> wrote:
> Simon Burke <simon.burke at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Does anyone know if it is broken? or how i can get an openoffice
> > release installed, as 1.0 is apparentlyu broken according to ports and
> > 1.1 wont compile sucessfully.
No it's not broken I've just compiled a couple of days ago on an
updated (as of 12/4/04) 5.3-stable system

> it should compile cleanly if you've set up the required java magic
> first. At least that seems to be what trips up most people who try to
> build openoffice from ports.

Yes this I agree with this, what I did was get java to compile first,
(I installed every type of jdk14 in the java ports tree) but the one
that worked was /usr/ports/java/jdk14, try to make && make install
that port, if you are unsuccessful pay attention to the error and edit
the Makefile. (I seem to recall a problem with printf, and I *think* I
commented out the lines with printf and did a make it errored out
again eventually so uncommented those lines and everything installed.)
Once that is done openoffice any other number of java applications
should install and compile fine.

<snip>