Sorry for the newbie questions :(

Mário Gamito gamito at netual.pt
Tue Dec 7 15:59:39 PST 2004

Hi,

I swear i did my home work before addressing to you, but i didn't
understood well what i want.

1. I've instaled FreeBSD 5.3 and compiled portaudit as the first port.
Portaudit didn't allow me to install apache13-modssl because there is a
security problem with the port that comes in the CD.
How can i then install apache13-modssl ?

2. I want to install PostgreSQL 8.
The port version that is on the CD is 8 beta2, but i see in
www.freebsd.org that there is already a port for 8 beta4.
How can i "import" this new port ?

I read a lot about cvsup and other stuff, but it seems very confusing to
me. I cannot understand the whole picture.
My question is: how can i "import" a *single* port ?

3. Where can i find information about supported hardware ?
Namely SATA controlers ?
Does FreeBSD suport the Intel ones ?

Sorry, for my newbiness :(

Any help would be apreciated.
--
Mário Gamito
Administração de sistemas e desenvolvimento
E-mail: gamito at netual.pt
www.netual.pt