Help needed re Mozilla with libjavaplugin_oji_so

Dundar Turker Turker.Dundar at nrm.qld.gov.au
Tue Dec 7 15:56:04 PST 2004

Hi,

I am trying to get libjavaplugin_oji.so loaded successfully to use it with Mozilla. I am using FreeBSD  RELENG_5_3.  I have tried many different versions of this plugin; versions like 1.3.1, 1.4.2_0, 1.4.2_2 found in ns600, ns610 or ns610-gscc32 ..etc,  but it cannot load due to some errors like "undefined symbol ..blah-blah " (which changes to another symbol from version to version)   or  not finding a library needed by the plugin itself. If I find and move the libraries needed to their locations, then the last error I get during loading the plugin is "Undefined Symbol" for a referenced but not defined symbol. I dont know how this particular error can be fixed. I can see the symbols defined in some archive or library files but not sure what to do with them to eliminate the error. Undefined Symbol changes from stderr to anything else...   I tried loading the plugin with linux support enabled in the kernel but that did not change anything..

Is there anybody out there successfully got this plugin loaded by Mozilla.  I need this plugin to work for my remote office connection. Otherwise I will have to give up using FreeBSD which is very sad thing to do..!   I have no other choice.

Hope you can help or put me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Turker Dundar

and/or publication of this e-mail message is prohibited.
computer system network.