java install errors

Randy Grafton rgrafton at indatacorp.com
Tue Aug 31 11:13:47 PDT 2004

Not to beat a dead horse but here are a couple of extra points to offer.

>From a Base/Minimal install of 5.2.1 I got a current ports tree with
cvsup-without-gui.

Next, I install linux-base:
	cd /usr/ports/emulators/linux-base
	make install clean
	edit /etc/rc.conf to contain the line linux_enable="YES"

I then downloaded:
	bsd-jdk14-patches-6.tar.gz (Got this from www.eyesbeyond.com)
	j2sdk-1_4_2-bin-scsl.zip
	j2sdk-1_4_2-src-scsl.zip
	j2sdk-1_4_2_05-linux-i586.bin
	j2sdk-sec-1_4_2-src-scsl.zip
	(I got the j2sdk stuff from java.sun.com).
Once these files were downloaded, I placed them in /usr/port/distfiles.

Now cd to /usr/ports/java/jdk14 and do a make install clean.

I just did these steps in the listed order yesterday and after a few hours
of compiling java it was up.

-Randy