java install errors

Steve Hodgson steve at acidy.com
Tue Aug 31 10:14:56 PDT 2004

>> --------------------
>> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Can't detect initial thread
>> stack location
>> /usr/ports/java/jdk14/work/control/build/bsd-i586/gensrc/java
>> /util/Curr ency Data.java:1: 'class' or 'interface' expected
>> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Can't detect initial thread
>> stack location ^
>>
> /usr/ports/java/jdk14/work/control/build/bsd-i586/gensrc/java/
> util/Currency
>> Data.java:1: unclosed character literal
>> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Can't detect initial thread
>>                                         stack location ^

<snip>

>> Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk14.
>> What needs to be done to make this actually install correctly?
>> Thanks, Chip

I had this happen to me a couple of times, and the cause (for me) was that I
hadn't setup linux emulation properly. This message (from a google search)
seems to sum it up:

http://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-questions@freebsd.org/msg60015.html

IIRC, I had to "make clean" in /usr/ports/java/jdk14 to get it work again
once this had happened.

Steve