File Manager

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Sat Aug 21 19:32:09 PDT 2004

On Saturday, 21 August 2004 at 20:16:16 -0600, Jon Drews wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 01:59:23 GMT, Emon <jadukor at gawab.com> wrote:
>> Second, I did create a new user, but I wasn't sure wich group to
>> put it in, so I kept the GROUP field blank. Now I can't su to
>> root cos it say that I am not in the right goup(wheel). So what
>> does it mean & how do I solve this prob?
>
> Edit the /etc/group file and add your new account like so:
> wheel:*:0:root,$YOUR_ACCOUNT
>
> I would also suggest that you read Dru Lavigne's excellent online
> tutorials on FreeBSD:
> FreeBSD Basics:
> http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/ct/15
>
> In addition I would recommend the following books:
>
> FreeBSD: An Open Source Operating System for Your Personal Computer
> http://www.bsdmall.com/freebosforyo.html
>
> The Complete FreeBSD, by Greg Lehey
> http://www.freebsdmall.com/cgi-bin/fm/bsdcomp4?id=TasN32Ms&mv_pc=119

The version that FreeBSD Mall is offering is obsolete IIUC (third
edition).  Take a look at
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/cfreebsd/desc.html for the fourth
edition.  Yes, we're talking about bringing FreeBSD Mall up to date.

Greg
Note: I discard all HTML mail unseen.
Finger grog at FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.