File Manager

Jon Drews jon.drews at
Sat Aug 21 19:16:20 PDT 2004

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 01:59:23 GMT, Emon <jadukor at> wrote:
> Second, I did create a new user, but I wasn't sure wich group to
> put it in, so I kept the GROUP field blank. Now I can't su to
> root cos it say that I am not in the right goup(wheel). So what
> does it mean & how do I solve this prob?

Edit the /etc/group file and add your new account like so:

I would also suggest that you read Dru Lavigne's excellent online
tutorials on FreeBSD:
FreeBSD Basics:

In addition I would recommend the following books:

FreeBSD: An Open Source Operating System for Your Personal Computer

The Complete FreeBSD, by Greg Lehey

Of course you should also read the FreeBSD handbook. However