[OT] VPN issues with some windows users...

Eric Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Tue Aug 17 18:43:30 PDT 2004

Hello all,

I'm sorry this is a bit off-topic, but you're the only truly
knowledgable group I know. ;)  Some fellow users and I have been having
some issues connecting to a Cisco VPN system with the built-in windows
VPN software.  While successfully connected to the internet (at home,
for example), I connect to the remote VPN.  Instantly, my internet
connectivity seems to be lost, but I can use the VPN perfectly fine.  As
soon as I disconnect, my internet connectivity is completely restored.
I have a second VPN I connect to using V-One's SmartPass software, and I
have no issues (i.e. everything works perfectly, including my 'net
connection).

Anyone have any ideas?

Sorry about the OT question, and thanks for your help.

Eric F Crist
Best Access Systems
11300 Rupp Dr. Burnsville, MN 55337
Phone: 952.894.3830