Frequent crashes with Mozilla and Firefox

Doug Poland doug at polands.org
Mon Aug 16 19:41:40 PDT 2004

Joshua Tinnin wrote:
>>Two sites that failed consistently for me were
 >>http://www.pga.com and
>>http://www.statefarm.com
>>
>>The browser versions are
>>
>> Mozilla 1.7.2
>> Mozilla Firefox 0.9.3
>>
>>Both versions were built from ports the day after the port was
>>committed.  All other ports are up-to-date.
>

> I don't know if this would be helpful, but I'm testing both sites at the same
> time (tabbed) with Mozilla and Firefox, and I'm not having problems - am
> clicking through many links with both browsers fetching on both tabs (and
> Mozilla also has other tabs open). I'm running 5.2.1-RELEASE-p9 and have the
> same versions of Mozilla and Firefox as you do, and all my ports are also
> up-to-date. Both browsers have Flash, Java and scripting enabled. If it means
> anything, I'm also running X.org and Xfce4. However, the OP it was an
> intermittent problem (is it with you as well?), so not sure if I'm just
> getting lucky, as I haven't ever surfed either of those sites before.

Hi,

I've got flash and java plugins too.  The windowmanager doesn't seem to
matter, I typically use WindowMaker but am often in XFCE.  The problem
is intermittent for me.  I was consistently crashing on the statefarm
login href, but now it's working.  Other sites intermittently crash the
browser.

Hmmm... maybe this warrants a posting to mozilla's bugzilla site.

--
Regards,
Doug