Frequent crashes with Mozilla and Firefox

Joshua Tinnin krinklyfig at spymac.com
Mon Aug 16 14:29:34 PDT 2004

On Monday 16 August 2004 01:31 pm, doug at polands.org wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 12:51:36PM -0700, Your Name wrote:
> > In the last few weeks ive started getting a number of crashes using
> > either Mozilla or Firefox. im using the newest version of each from
> > Ports, on FreeBSD 4.9.
>
> And on 5.2.1-RELEASE and 5.2-CURRENT
>
> > It typically happens when i visit a complicated website with lots of
> > dynamically-generated content, like the N.Y.  Times or eBay. But its
> > not regular; i can restart the browser and go back to the same page
> > and it could then just work.
>
> Two sites that failed consistently for me were http://www.pga.com and
> http://www.statefarm.com
>
> The browser versions are
>
>  Mozilla 1.7.2
>  Mozilla Firefox 0.9.3
>
> Both versions were built from ports the day after the port was
> committed.  All other ports are up-to-date.

I don't know if this would be helpful, but I'm testing both sites at the same
time (tabbed) with Mozilla and Firefox, and I'm not having problems - am
clicking through many links with both browsers fetching on both tabs (and
Mozilla also has other tabs open). I'm running 5.2.1-RELEASE-p9 and have the
same versions of Mozilla and Firefox as you do, and all my ports are also
up-to-date. Both browsers have Flash, Java and scripting enabled. If it means
anything, I'm also running X.org and Xfce4. However, the OP it was an
intermittent problem (is it with you as well?), so not sure if I'm just
getting lucky, as I haven't ever surfed either of those sites before.

- jt