Chess for Kids (and dummies like dads)

Damon Butler damon at hddesign.com
Wed Aug 4 14:26:07 PDT 2004

> I know this is a FreeBSD list

I know. But you folks have been such a great resource in general ... and
I hoped that others on the list might find the topic interesting/useful.
I'll make this my last post to the list on this subject.

> but there is a really excellent program
> for learning chess for the PC (and Mac):  "Learn How to Play Chess
> with Fritz and Chesster".  For ages 8 and up. It is a really searious
> learning program, which has a huge book, starts with moves, then
> endgames, then ...

That'd be grand! If it'll work under WINE, since I categorically will
not use Windows and no longer own a Mac of any kind. Do you or anyone
else know if it's compatible with WINE?

--Damon