Problems building the /usr/ports/emulators/vmware3 port

Andreas Davour ante at update.uu.se
Wed Apr 28 15:05:50 PDT 2004

Hi!

I just tried installing the vmware3 port and got the following response:

Upheaval# cd /usr/ports/emulators/vmware3
Upheaval# make
===>  vmware3-3.2.1.2242_6,1 Kernel source files required.
Upheaval#

What kernel source files? I looked in the Makefile and I got the
impression it wanted the FreeBSD sources. But, I have them installed! I
have built a kernel from those sources so I know they are real!

Am I barking up the wrong tree? Is it the linux source it wants? Something
else?

Thanks.

/Andreas

			mail: ante at update.uu.se
"Americans have different ways of saying things.
They say 'elevator', we say 'lift' ... they say
'President', we say 'stupid psychopathic git.'"