Newbie Sendmail Question

Scott Kupferschmidt sk at isprime.com
Tue Apr 27 14:47:40 PDT 2004

Hello,

The reason this is happening is because you're using a mail client on the
FreeBSD system that is not properly configured.  By default, if you do not
specify your name in the From:, any client will read the values from
/etc/passwd (which by default is User & [& being replaced with your
USERNAME])

Also, to make it show a different hostname in the From: address, simply
modify your email address in the configuration as well and that should
resolve your problems.

Sincerely,

Scott Kupferschmidt
ISPrime, Inc.