1024x768 Resolution in console?

Lewis Thompson lewiz at fajita.org
Sat Apr 24 08:22:38 PDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 07:46:05PM -0500, Eric Crist wrote:
> This is for a Compaq Presario 2100 (laptop).  My beef is that my console only
> takes up a small section of the screen (although X is full screen).  I know
> some laptops have a 'stretch' capability, but, alas, I was a cheap bastard,
> and this one does not.

Not sure about your splash... but have you investigated the vidcontrol
VESA_800x600 mode?  This might help a little (looks great on my laptop).

  In your kernel config you will need VESA and SC_PIXEL_MODE.  Then you
should add something to rc.conf's allscreens_flags that sets up every
screen at boot.

  Hope that's some help,

-lewiz.

--
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:purple at lewiz.net | jabber:lewiz at jabber.org | url:www.lewiz.org |-