1024x768 Resolution in console?

Eric Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Fri Apr 23 17:46:47 PDT 2004

Hello list,

I've posted this question before, and I've had some good tips on where to look
for the right answer.  I started with man pages for syscons, vidcontrol, and
others.  I can't figure it out.  I've been toying with this for quite a
while, but I'm failing.  Apparently, there's a way to get a splash screen at
boot with a resolution of 1024x768, but I can't figure that out, either.

If anyone's willing to be a little more specific on where to go for the
answers, I'd greatly appreciate it!

This is for a Compaq Presario 2100 (laptop).  My beef is that my console only
takes up a small section of the screen (although X is full screen).  I know
some laptops have a 'stretch' capability, but, alas, I was a cheap bastard,
and this one does not.

Thanks,

Eric