Courier-MTA/maildrop

Derrick Ryalls freebsd at fbsdsolutions.com
Fri Apr 23 12:07:42 PDT 2004

Pardon if this is a bit off topic, but here it goes...

I have a couier-mta system that is running nicely on my 4.9 box, and I
wanted to add some server side mailfilter for some of my email (like put
mail from this list into a specific folder automatically).

I enabled maildrop in courierd, but I am unconvinced it is working.  As a
test, I put just this in my $HOME/.mailfilter file:

to "./Maildir/.test"

And the file is owned by me, and rw only by me as required for maildrop.
Even so, mail is not being redirected at all.  I have tried various thing
(sorry didn't keep track) and searched around google to no avail.

Does anyone know how to get maildrop working, and as a bonus have aliased
acct names working as well?

TIA

-Derrick