netgraph ability

David Yeske dyeske at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 22 17:51:00 PDT 2004

I'm in a situation where I need to emulate multiple ethernet devices with
different mac addresses.  I have gotten far enough to have this.

I ran ngctl and then ran
"mkpeer . eiface hook ether"

I then ran
ifconfig ngeth0 link '00:bd:03:11:21:11'
ifconfig ngeth0 192.168.20.5
ifconfig sis0 192.168.23.45

So basically I want to be able to ping / connect to
192.168.20.5 from another box on the 192.168.23.0/24 network, and have it see
the mac address that I have set rather than the mac address of my sis0 device.
I know I can do this with vmware, but I am trying to avoid that.

Anyone know if this is possible?  Is there a way to do this with the tap device
and or arpd?

Regards,
David Yeske