Rackmount Server recommendation

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 07:32:04 PDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 09:01:55AM -0500, Doug Poland wrote:
> Bill Moran wrote:
> >Doug Poland wrote:

> >>I'm looking for recommendations on vendor/hardware for a rackmount
> >>server.  The intention is to run 4.9-STABLE and host e-commerce sites.

> >>Obviously, the vendor/hardware needs to support FreeBSD.
> >>Specifically, I'm looking for 4-6 hot-swappable SCSI RAID support.

> >http://www.freebsdsystems.com/

> >I've dealt with these folks.  Very happy with everything.

> I just got off the phone with FreeBSD Systems.  Very impressive.
> Thanks for your recommendation.

Another one you might want to check out is Iron Systems --
http://www.ironsystems.com/ -- unfortunately I've never actually dealt
with these guys directly, but I've heard some good things, and their
list of customers has some impressive names on it.  Plus these are the
people that supplied the USA instance of ftp.freebsd.org

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way