Moving to apache2

Dick Davies rasputnik at hellooperator.net
Tue Apr 20 13:15:23 PDT 2004

* Marius Kirschner <marius at agoron.net> [0456 20:56]:
> > * Marius Kirschner <marius at agoron.net> [0413 20:13]:
> > > So in order ensure the most backward compatibility it's better to
> > > stick with 1.39?
> >
> > It depends what you use. mod_ruby, mod_php4, mod_perl and
> > mod_fastcgi are ok.
> > mod_dav and mod_ssl are now builtins. That's all I use.
> >
> > You don't gain an awful lot from 2, I just wanted it for
> > SubVersion, which isn't available for apache 1.3.
> >
> > Don't know about python, you'd have to check.
>
> Yes, mod_phyton and frontpage extension (sigh!) are the only other concerns.
> I don't really need to go with 2, but thought that this might be a good
> opportunity to make the switch.

Looks like they're both in, so give it a whirl...

I 'upgraded' my (fairly complex) 1.3 install to 2 by just feeding httpd.conf to
apache2 and tweaking it until it stopped puking.

I only had to change :

BindAddress/Port -> Listen
drop ServerType
remove an SSLLog directive

--
Pascal, n.:
	A programming language named after a man who would turn over in