etherchannel on 5.2.1 - possible?

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Mon Apr 19 07:12:51 PDT 2004

When I checked the various methods a while back all resulted
in performance drop not increase on a dual port intel
etherxpress Pro 100. If anyone has different experiences I
also would be interested. Also noted was that Gb performance
on nge was also lower than that of fxp on 100Mb especially
when using link0 on the fxp.
Notes: Results using ftp ( proftpd ). Performance increase using
nge was obtained when using single processor kernel and
polling enabled without this interrupt rates appeared to be
overloading the system.

    Steve