ftp server

dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Sun Apr 18 15:48:29 PDT 2004

Hello,
I've got a 4.9 system and i'm out looking for an ftp server for it as i do
not want to use the base server. I've heard good reviews of pure-ftpd, but
i'm getting errors: can not find the ftp account and it won't authenticate.
    I've also tried proftpd, but although i find it capable i don't like
it's slow response, even with identd lookups off.
    Features that i'm looking for, chroot anonymous users to a specific
area, enable both anonymous and real users, virtual user and quota support,
band width management, and optional secure communications. Most importantly
i need it to work with ipfilter/ipnat. Using the base ftp server on a test
box i can connect but i keep getting an error, can not build data
connection, this is from a box external to the firewall.
Thanks.
Dave.