Increase max data segment size?

Mark Kirkwood markir at paradise.net.nz
Fri Apr 16 22:41:14 PDT 2004

Yes there is, some more poking around in /usr/src/sys/kern/subr_param.c
brought to light :

    maxdsiz = MAXDSIZ;
    TUNABLE_QUAD_FETCH("kern.maxdsiz", &maxdsiz);

which looked suspicously like a kernel tunable for data segment size.
So setting kern.maxdsiz in /etc/loader.conf seems to be the thing to do...

Of course by this time I have managed to find some postings concerning
MAXDSIZ and kern.maxdsiz.

Hopefully the next person confused about this will find my postings
*before* dredging the code!

regards

Mark