Increase max data segment size?

Mark Kirkwood markir at paradise.net.nz
Fri Apr 16 21:52:46 PDT 2004

Bit sad replying to myself again....:-)

Anyway - no it does not... still 512M

A bit of grepping through the 4.9 source finds that the beast
controlling all this is:

$ grep  MAXDSIZ /usr/src/sys/i386/include/vmparam.h
#ifndef MAXDSIZ
#define MAXDSIZ         (512UL*1024*1024)       /* max data size */

so is there any reason *not* to amend this and recompile?

e.g.

#define MAXDSIZ         (1024UL*1024*1024)       /* max data size now 1G */

any opinions out there?

regards

Mark

Mark Kirkwood replied to himself: