boot log

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 16 16:53:39 PDT 2004

On Friday, 16 April 2004 at 17:37:10 -0400, Charles Swiger wrote:
> On Apr 16, 2004, at 11:31 AM, RazorOnFreeBSD wrote:
>> I just would like to know how can I read the exact text that is
>> displaying very fast at the FreeBSD boot.
>
> Try:
>
> 	dmesg | less

Unfortunately, this shows only the kernel messages, not the subsequent
messages from userland programs run during startup.  In particular,
messages from fsck(8) are missing.  Unfortunately, since the demise of
paper consoles, there's no way to save this information.  This is a
general UNIX problem, not a FreeBSD problem.

Greg
--
Note: I discard all HTML mail unseen.
Finger grog at FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.