lament about freebsd sacrifices
doublef at tele-kom.ru
Thu Apr 15 02:26:34 PDT 2004
On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 11:36:05AM -0700,
Peter Leftwich probably wrote:
> Any major sacrifices I've forgotten? ":-\
Sure (this list doesn't apply to XP only):
* being able to hang the machine by just running an executable from the
base system (krnl386.exe or something like that, which I don't remember
now) --- no viruses needed;
* being able to put an <iframe> tag in your Active Desktop to
automatically launch applications at startup without your confirmation
* being able to write *beautiful* and *portable* programs in Visual
* being able to write a program which, using assembly, changes the video
mode to some text mode, confusing the OS and the user;
* being able to erase all configuration of your system by just altering
one file (oh --- maybe two --- now that's a progress);
* and certainly many more:).
Sorry, just couldn't resist.
1. if you don't get the joke, look at the message bodies of the viruses
your filter received today.
A randomly generated quote:
-- md5 /dev/random
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 187 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/attachments/20040415/9b23dedb/attachment.bin
More information about the freebsd-questions