updating ports and pkgdb

bastill at adam.com.au bastill at adam.com.au
Tue Apr 13 18:13:04 PDT 2004

I am nearing the end of a tortuous path to upgrade my system so that the
/usr/ports/ is in the correct format and the pkg db reflects the truth about
what I have installed.

Unfortunately, pkgdb -u does NOT rebuild from scratch, but simply refreshes
itself from the directories in /var/pkg/db.
Is there a way I could delete all those directories and make pkgdb go look and
rebuild the db/directories from what it finds?

Similarly, will cvsup ports-all delete directories which are now not used as
well as (of course) update entries and create "missing" directories?
Otherwise, how would I find and remove the now-unused directories?

Thanks in advance :-)

--
Brian